Saturday 1 January 2011

Shaped Cake Card

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Our festivities went well considering since Christmas Day, 4 out of 5 of my family, one by one have suffered with a 48 hour sickness bug. I am the last one and just waiting for the symptoms to come to fruition having played nursemaid to 3 kids and hubby.

Anyhow looking on the bright side, I am back on the design team for The Cutting Cafe which I am so looking forward to. My 1st project for 2011 is this Shaped Cake Card using the coloured printable stamp set designed by Regina Easter.

The printable stamps features 15 sentiments, 2 cake shaped card templates (wpc cutting files) and heaps more.

I was just printing out the gorgeous coloured cake and my printer suddenly died on me! Ahhhhhh!! So, unfortunately I could not add one of the sentiments from the set. Perfect timing after Christmas and the printer was only 13 months old. Now I will have to quickly do some research for a new printer as the kids will also need one for their homework and I MUST have one for my crafting!




Back to my card.......I printed out the digi cake and cut out my shaped card template on my Pazzles Inspiration. I then adhered some pink ribbon, pink buttons from my stash, heaps of pearls and glitter for the candles.

I am not very good at Adobe Photoshop so Regina's new coloured stamp sets made this card super easy to put together.



I have entered this card into the following challenges:-



Digital Tuesday - anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday - get embellishing

7 comments:

  1. oh my how elegant is this...i so adore this...perfect for a wedding and a valentine birthday..you rock girlfriend...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Joanna, perfect for happy occasions.
    I hope you'll escape the dreaded bug, so far bug free zone here.
    How do I get the pzzles blinkie? I would love to have it on my blog
    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great creation! Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

    Join us again today! There's a brilliant altered tin tutorial!!

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty, what a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute. I just love how well those pink buttons match up with the printed paper. It turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Argh, the dreaded tummy bug was doing he rounds at my kids school, thankfully we escaped it, I hope you did too! Love this shaped card and all the candles.

    ReplyDelete