Tuesday 6 July 2010

Pool Party Invitation Shaped Card

My 10yr old daughter gave me inspiration for this Pool Party Invitation Shaped Card. Last weekend she attended her school fete and she made a wonderful poster for her stall which was shooting water at several bottles. Enjoyed by lots of children due to the fact that they were able to use super soakers (water pistols) with lots of water!!!!!!

Anyhow, the poster that she made had a background with bubbles and water image that she found in Microsoft Powerpoint. Alice is a real whizz on the computer, so she showed me where to find it (in fill and textures) which I thought would be perfect as the background for my invitation.

I then printed the printable Pool Party Invite from the Cutting Cafe using my laser jet. I printed a second invitation on plain white paper, coloured my flip flops, cut them out and adhered them onto the bubbles/water background with foam pads.

I then took a scalloped card from the Assorted Scallop Set 1 and cut it out on my Pazzles Inspiration. I ran it through my Cuttlebug to give a bubbles background finishing off with a ribbon.

Then reading the invitation it said "Don't forget your towel" so I thought it would be fun to roll up some pink felt and tie it with coordinated ribbon.

I showed it to Alice (my biggest critic) and she laughed saying she liked the towel!!!!

I am entering this card into several challenges this week:-

The Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge - Water
My Sheri Crafts Challenge - Summer
Speedy the Cat's Friends' Challenge - Die Cuts
Wee Memories - Free for All (WMC13)

7 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful invitations. Jump nobody has the right not to attend

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....................................................................stinkin cute...OMG....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute project! Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Love the little towel...totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Joanna! I love the color combo and the embossing is perfect! The flip flops and the towel are so adorable. Love everything about this invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is too adorable for words...love the embossing, love the little towel all wrapped up, love the colors, and the flip flops...you totally just inspired me!!! Thanks for sharing at My Sheri!!!

    ReplyDelete