Tuesday 11 January 2011

Be my valentine!


Well, I have put away all my Christmas papers and now I have a tiny bit of room for some Valentine papers. Regina Easter at The Cutting Cafe has released a gorgeous Words of Love Printable Stamp set featuring 69 images which are just perfect for Valentine projects.


For this card I have used one of the background words love sheets and punched the hearts out using a heart shaped punch. I have adhered them onto some Kraft card and some white linen cardstock. My new favorite tool is my Friskars Paper Crimper which is just perfect to use when you need to add dimension to a card and are stuck what to use.....I love it. I also cut the scallop border on my Pazzles using the Assorted Scallop Set 1 and fed it through my paper crimper too!


Finally, I added a heart pearl/rhinestone gem and a pink checked bow. At this point, I thought my card was finished when my 10 year old daughter came to look at my card. She promptly opened my craft draw and placed another pearl in the middle of the bow. Perfect I thought, my card is complete, a card maker in the making!

3 comments:

  1. oh how adorable joanna...simply adorable...and yes your daughter added the PERFECT TOUCH...I to love my crimper...HUM why i don't use it much is BEYOND me....thanks for reminding me how AWESOME IT CAN BE..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Joanna, very romantic. Your daughter is a designer in the making. I used to have a crimper but I lent it out and never saw it again, perhaps I need to get a new one.
    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Joanna, I love the heart and diamante I got a few of them too but I'm too mean to use them!

    ReplyDelete